Monday, August 14, 2017

Daily Life: New Timing for Ultra 101K

A cool weather combine with good support at CPs lead to a better timing for 2017 Craze Ultra 101K. Now my timing is 17hrs 14mins 38 secs which is 37mins faster vs 2016 edition run.

Equipment: I starting to run in Hoka one one Arhai which is more of a stability shoe which is comfortable when running long distance. I did have a change of socks at CP5 due to running in the run from CP4 to CP5 during noon time.

Though its a light rain but the socks are wet and when the sunlight came out later around 3pm, the shoe is able to be dry after that.

Nutrition: I had a cup of yoghurt before i left home with the usual multi-grain bread with peanut butter. Along the way I am drinking my hammer nutrition drink though it did have some side-effect which after a while I have to take water to reduce the air. At each CP I take coke, isotonic drink but no bread. the longan drink at each station also helps in providing sugar. Along CP2 to CP3 I went to have a packet of soya bean milk at Sembawang MRT cheers while during the return journey I had a cup of yoghurt. The yoghurt I think cause much air inside the stomach so i started walking instead to clear up.

During the run I had my 2L hydration bag which i top up on friday night while I carry 2 500ML bottles with me which i top up with plain water (iced) or isotonic drink. that way my 2L is my reserved water supply which i can take during periods of heat. It prove to be a correct way as I was moving faster as a result.

Weather: Its was a pleasing run all the way till 12.30pm which it rained. The sun came out around 3pm on my return trip out of CP5 which I saw rest of the runners going towards CP5. I know I am in good distance so I took my time from CP5 to CP4 due to the weather. It cause me my timing but I am still happy with the performance though I can do much better. Coming back under 17 hrs will be the next target n i know I still have a long way to meet the 14hrs cut-off for 101K if i want to clear 100 miles in 2018 at KL route 68 run.

No comments: