Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Daily Life: New timing for 42k marathon

Yes. After 1 year of training I managed with the grace of God moved my 42K timing in cold weather to 4hrs 37mins during the Tokyo marathon 2017.

The run was on Feb 26 2017 n the temperature during the run is around 6 degree. Its cold but the engine is moving very well. I was wearing my full thermal long sleeves n pants follow with a run 350 singlet n mizuno shorts. This layer wear of wearing prevent me from getting too cold during the run. The sun did came up during the run so it warm the body to a comfortable level. The 2017 edition saw the change in running route so do notice that there are more up/down slopes. I also found out that I will need to carry proper food with me as I was hungry during the 14K mark which prevent me from moving faster since I fear that I will use up too much energy.

I also just recovered from cold so was coughing at some stages in the run. Have to wait to find the first water stations n hydrate frequently n correctly. I did well to take 1-2 cups of Pocari Sweat then follow with 1 cup of plain water at each drink station. At the food stations, i also took 1/2 banana n some salt tablets.

The GPS did not accurately take the distance but I am ok with the pace I am doing.

No comments: