Friday, December 30, 2022

Daily Life: Countdown to end of 2022

 As 2022 comes to a close, it is important to pen down the details


Work Life: 2022 is the year of the the change. Some depts got many users come and go, while IT dept also have people leaving. We are also getting more align with corporate IT direction. With the departure of HR manager it is getting harder to get help but with the change of head there is some silver lining as more and more alignment to be done. the corporate IT group also came down to visit in Nov.

Love Life: My GF went out to rent a new unit in May and since then we have not met each other. though we still have some chats on whatsapp, there is no physical connection. I will think its not a bad idea as got time to reflect and think if its good to continue this way.

Exercise Life: My weight went up to 82kg so decide to get a apple watch series 7 45" one as my birthday present in Sept and another to measure my sleep as its hard to see how my lack of sleep will impact my weight.  my sunnto gps watch also no longer working so the apple watch came in at a good time. Able to measure my daily walks from home and/or office back to home. I also brought my bicycle back from my mum's place to put in my home. started to cycle more often as a result once I got my rear tire changed to a more durable build.

Spiritual Life: Have been getting comfortable at FMC. though was able to go back, only started to go back in Sept onwards. before was mainly online. Travel time continue to be a issue as i need to be at the Sembawang MRT before 10.20am in order to reach church before 11.15am. its not easy and got times I just go for early lunch at JEM as i reach jurong east at 11.10am. I try not to go into church late as it will be hard to find seats. I continue to wear my mask as its just after travelling on the trains and to protect the elderly around. Have been doing the Words in season regularly. Not bad as I spend more time on the Word. Was also volunteering for the church christmas carnival as a games machine manager, allowing each group 3 games before swap to another group to allow fair share of people to enjoy.  

Financial Life: This is one area to be thankful on. Though lost quite at around 9k in FX still managed to close my loans and credit card to only citi and standard chartered. The rest all finish paying up early so got more money to put as spare cash. Also put more more in Stashaway and SGS bonds to earn the higher interest. Will continue to spend less and save more as 2023 could be more uncertain. it always pay to have some spare cash on hand.

Travel Life: 2022 the world start to open up with less restrictions for everyone regardless of got the vaccine or not. As only got the primary vaccine and no boosters decided not to travel for 2022. Got money to do a staycation at Park Regis hotel on Dec 17. Not too bad so can consider it for Jan or 2023.