Thursday, November 10, 2016

Daily Life: Compressport 100 Semenyih Series 2016

Finally its done. the first 50K was a nightmare where the route is so slippery, muddy n so many of us got injured.

I was looking forward to complete the final 50K in KL. Its held on Nov 5 in Semenyih. There is really no need to take a flight to KL, a coach will be easier as the hotel is at kajang. To reach there from airport, take express train to KL sentral then KMT train to Kajang. The hotel is crystal oriental and within walking distance from the train station. No need to take a cab.

Near to crystal oriental is 2 malls n some walk distance is good satay so guess its not a bad place to stay at. The massage there all provide special services so not really into massage.

The run on Nov5 morning with the hotel packing breakfast of 2 ham with cabbage n cheese. its nice n filling for a while. The run started at 7am instead of 6.30am though i doubt it will make a difference since we all got lost after 5-6K from the start point at Semenyih Eco Venture Resort. The organizer say someone sabo the direction but the organizer also is running n also don't know the route. She just came in on thursday n left the setup to the local time (the organizers are from Penang) so its just a oversight on their part. Anyway we are told to go up n down till we decided not to n stay point till the organizer got her husband who is at the start point to move all of us back to the main road before continuing. By then quite a number of runners already decided not to continue especially those in the 50K or downgrade to 25K.

For me I don't see why I cannot continue to 50K though i am worried on the direction markers in the later half as it's in the trails. There is no point to be angry with the organizer so I just decide to continue my run. I guess my worries are not there as the markers are there though not as numerous and not visible. The weather is good n cloudy. There is no rain so there is no issues like muddy path etc. I was wearing my new UD mountain hydration n Asics Trail Fuji trabuco 4 shoes. The shoes did provide some traction so i don't have any issues with it throughout the run. The rains only comes in around 5pm which is for me another 2-4K away so glad my prayers were answered.

All in all I am happy with the results n glad to end this race. Will not be going for any further runs by this organizer. too dangerous.

No comments: