Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Daily Life: Race Against cancer 15k

Every year i try to make it a point to go for the singtel race against cancer run. i treat it as a form of training n tribute to cancer patients n relatives who suffered or have moved on.

I tried to cycle to the start point but i guess its not a good idea so i took the bus 135 instead to the last bus top along bedok road n walk to the start point. Saw quite a number of fellow runners n friends there.

Went directly into the start pen after its open n waited till 7.15am when we are flag off. once flag off got into some traffic issue till 1k then it clear out. Did my own running plan of 3.3k run with 700m walk. its a good strategy as it allows my legs to rest in between. my 3.3K runs are fast at around 5.30-6 min pace. its very comfortable for me so when i finish the run my legs are still relatively saying relax.

I was happy with my results n though i could have done better, i decided before the run i will take it as easy as possible. 

No comments: