Sunday, January 3, 2021

Daily Life: Go bye 2020: A year of mis-travel, Covid-19 outbreak globally

 By the time this post goes up, it will be on the third day of 2021. 2020 has been a year that most of us will remember clearly as a year of global lockdowns due to the Covid-19 virus aka wuhan virus which was first detected in late Dec 2019. With the lunar new year of 2020 there was massive travelling from wuhan to the rest of the world before it was lockdown and there goes everyone's 2020.

To be fair there is no evidence to say the virus is a man-made virus but the way the Chinese government under CCP failed to take effective actions despite the knowing of SARS outbreak experience 13 years ago. Europe fell quickly and later USA and the rest of the world. Some parts of the world are getting it under control like taiwan which close all travels to China in Jan following the knowing of the virus in wuhan.WHO failed to send its team to wuhan, China to find out the truth and 1 years later the truth of how the virus spread in the first place remains clueless.

Singapore too had early success in maintaining the virus spread in the country but as India and the neighboring country like Malaysia, Indonesia got hit the massive outbreak in Singapore was in the workers dormitory where the living conditions was horrible as got up to 20 people living in the same room. Its a mistake of the authorities failing to address it earlier.  On Dec 28 2020 onwards we enter into phase 3 of the lockdown where more people can meet (from 5 to 8).

Late Nov 2020 the vaccine for the Covid-19 is out and healthcare workers are taking it though general public is not getting it yet which is better since the vaccine is more important to those on the frontlines. the rest of us will make do with continue to wear mask.

All sporting events n travelling are no go from Jan 2020 onwards with only business essential travel allowed between countries. Travel bubble was also setup between countries with low spread but this prove dicey as Hong Kong suffer a major outbreak weeks after the signing of the travel bubble between Singapore and Hong Kong. 

Home wise I moved into my new flat before the lockdown in April 2020 with my GF moving in with me. I ask her to do it since she is moving out in Feb and looking for a new location. I also see this as a way for her to save some money but it prove not to be the case as she spend it on other items like clothes etc. Will I change my decision had i know the outcome? I doubt it as it was clear from the beginning we will each hold accountable to what we earn, no I pay for everything kind of shit. 

Religion wise I think its more of a joining the company unofficial christian group lead by the CEO. I am also praying more, communicating more with God so it is good. I have yet to share the good news with my GF but I will let my actions do the talking instead.

Since the lockdown begin in April 2020, I have been cooking more at home so i don't eat out too often. My work also bring me into more collaborations with the rest of the team so we are using MS teams more. Looks to be more in the coming years. Also know that Panasonic is letting go of its PABX and phone divisions as the global pandemic has accelerate the growth of digital communication like MS teams, zoom, whatsapp etc. so will see what 2021 bring to the table. 

No comments: