Monday, October 18, 2021

Daily Life: Day 1 of Isolation order due to Covid-19 infection (Oct 18)

 Oct 18 2021.... the day i start on a 10 days isolation order after my PCR test result.


It all happen on Oct 16 where I am suffering from runny nose at night so decide to take a ART on Oct 17 morning. The office on Oct 11 has got confirmed cases and Oct 13 I did another ART test but it turns out to be negative. 

It turn out to be positive but as i need to on back the power to my data center after the power maintenance on Oct 16 I decided to go back office to power on the servers and ensure all IT services are working in case I am on a confirmed case come Oct 18.

I did another ART test on Oct 17 and its remains positive. I informed my HR and told them I going to do a PCR test on Oct 18. It already after 11pm when i told them the info. Took a grab to Yishun polyclinic where we guided to do a PCR and ART test after seeing the doc. Kudos to the staff who took my PCR sampling. its not easy to take the sampling all day throughout. went home in a cab, bought lunch and went home.

By noon received the sms from MOH that I am confirmed COVID-19 positive so need to be on isolation order (IO) for 10 days. the IO order came on Oct 19. started to inform my brother n mum since on Oct 16 I was at my mum's place and they are there. 

started to purchase some grocery to prepare meals during my isolation period. since prime don't offer delivery, choose from NTUC instead and order S$52 worth of food which include pork shabu shabu, fresh vegs, milk, watermelon water, frozen prawns. its not cheap but its the only option for me. Though my brothers offer to see if i need anything i did not get their help since both live at punggol so no reasons for them to travel so far to put grocery when online i can get them easily. 

No comments: