Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Daily Life: Day 3 of Isolation order due to Covid-19 infection (Oct 20)

 Day 3 of 10 days Isolation order


I am surprised to receive a call from community center. They say they know I am on home recovery program and is sending a care pack over to my home. They came at night around 8pm to put the item at my gate. 

Inside was a get well wish card, some biscuits, 1 box of masks, some hand sanitizer, 1 bottle of cough mixture, 1 Milo 3-in-1 pack, 1 box of Panadol, lozenges and vit C pill. its not much but i am not expecting much in the first place. Its a good gesture on their part and it does helps in small ways either case.

Today was more tired than usual so went to take a short nap at noon as it was raining also. one good thing is Oct 20 was raining so the weather is very cooling to sleep at night. I guess one of the reasons i could be infected was I was working late so my immune system may be working overtime. Despite i taking vitamin D regularly, its not a covid-19 drug nor help if the defense system is overworked.

Another thing i notice tis the new variant is too infectious so a double masking or N95 mask will be needed for crowded areas like bus. I was travelling more recently as i went to causeway point for dinner. I decided to buy K94 masks for use when i recover and use double masking when travelling. Cycling i can still use my sports mask since I cycle alone and mask on throughout the cycling trip. if i double mask i don't know if i can cycle effectively to begin with.

Somehow double masking require the first mask to be a surgical mask and then cover with a cloth mask. if that's the case my surgical mask quantity will start to drop since surgical mask cannot be re-used more than 1 day.

No comments: